7.06.2005

oh my goodness, inspiration!

well, this weekend i saw a movie with my friend katie (we always happen to see great movies together) and it was so pleasing to me that i might need to write about it in order to think about it.

i think that if something moves you (this film made me want to make something), you should say it out loud. and by out loud, i mean on a blog. my blog. right now.

the movie was "me and you and everyone we know" by miranda july (who is a performance artist i've only read about) and it was really something. i was so impressed by the simplicity. color and texture. and it is so wonderful to see children presented as whole people with stories of their own. and the adults just like the children - living entire lifetimes in one single moment.

and i laughed. which is super-important to me.

clearly i'm no film critic. i liked it. and that's what's important, right?

as i rode my bike home, i felt like the world was playing a movie around me/for me.

maybe more later.

No comments: