8.15.2006

regroup

so, it's been a busy couple of weeks and i am sorry that i've not been able to post more...i'm rehearsing a bunch for "roustabout" and learning how to teach classes (which i'll be doing in the fall, a big ol' job switch), so there's been a lot of learning going around for me.

chicago is truly perfect outside today, 80-some degrees and sunny and breezy and so much better than 104.

right now i'm taking a moment to regroup from the seemingly constant phone ringing. it's literally ringing off the hook today.

a soundscape of office noise at 12:01pm:

me buzzing the front door
phone ringing
me buzzing the second door
my co-worker trying to make life plans with her boyfriend over the phone
children screaming
children "talking"
a teacher, "are there any sales at the gap?"
my bosses chatting in low tones, a bit further away
my keyboard tip-tapping as i type
more buzzing


i consider this to be a quiet moment.

haircut today.

then i gotta go buy a hula hoop.

No comments: