5.18.2006

can you hear me now?!

softball was rained out on monday.

yesterday i got rained ON while riding my bike home. later we had a vicious hailstorm.

this morning i'm going to see a performance of redmoon's dramagirls, an amazing mentorship program i participated in last year. i couldn't do it this year due to my crazy schedule and i'm sad that i missed it. hopefully i'll be able to join them next time.

my "little sister" last year was diana, a quiet, sweet fourth-grader who i hear is totally finding her own voice. at a height of 3'5", she was quite recognizable last year as the tiniest dramagirl. as the shortest person in my school from kindergarten until junior high, i know from experience that smaller people can be overlooked. my simple advice to her was, "make yourself as big and as loud as you can." i know she's been working hard on that this year and i can't wait to see her.

i've gotten better at getting bigger and i'm still working on the loud part; finding the balance between the two is the tough bit.

No comments: