5.05.2006

desert rose

almost all of the seeds have sprouted! hurrah! the most interesting one is the zucchini. a very thick stem...it looks like a miniature spoon bent in half...but green. it will look different by the time i get home today.

rode my bike to work twice this week...and even to the show last night (which is somewhat of a long ride)! during my ride, i was thinking of my very first bicycle. it looked like this:















a huffy "desert rose."

now, my parents are very big on surprises and birthdays were no exception. every birthday morning, our gifts seemed to materialize in the living room. my sister and i would find the hallway lined with innumerable strands of spiraling, colored crepe paper. the bike birthday was no exception. lavender was the central color choice of this particular birthday, which perfectly matched the color of my huffy "desert rose." a lavender banana-seat bike with a big lavender bow.

isn't it mesmeric?!

5 comments:

tracy casstevens said...

OMG! i totally had this bike as a tike and LOVED it!! how i miss the desert rose.

tracy casstevens said...

OMG! i totally had this bike as a tike and LOVED it!! how i miss the desert rose.

tracy casstevens said...

OMG! i totally had this bike as a tike and LOVED it!! how i miss the desert rose.

Lori said...

I had the Desert Rose bike, too. I spent many happy hours on that thing. Good times.

Anonymous said...

LoLo! I can't believe you found a pic of the Desert Rose! I miss that bike daily as I walk through the city. You could fit a good 3 people on that thing at one time (when you're going to Hook's in the summer, for instance)- one in between the handlebars, one being "trailed", and one riding! I love it!